VISITOR / TOURIST VISA
Canada Tourist Visa is a temporary Canadian immigration option that allows tourists to visit Canada for the purpose of tourism and leisure. A Canada tourist visa is also known as Canada visitor visa or Canadian Temporary Resident Visa (TVR). The Canada tourist visa is granted for a maximum period of six months.
Canada tourist visas are of two types:
- Single-entry visa
- Multiple-entry visa
Important Note: Both the visas are valid for a fixed period and cannot be used after they expire.
The single-entry visa
- allows the foreign national to enter Canada only once during the visa’s period of validity;
- may be issued up to six months before the expected date of travel;
- should have an expiry date of at least one month after the expected date of arrival in Canada.
The multiple-entry visa
- allows the holder to seek entry into Canada from any country as often as necessary during the visa’s period of validity;
- is issued with long-term validity to facilitate entry into Canada for legitimate travelers;
- has a maximum validity date of up to ten years or one month before the expiry date on the travel document;
- should now be considered the standard document to issue, and any single-entry visa issuance requires officers to provide an explanation recorded in the application notes (e.g., a single-entry visa could be considered where an applicant is participating in a one-time special event in Canada for a very short duration);
- can still be valid but affixed in an expired travel document (in this case, the holder must also be in possession of a newer and valid travel document and must present both travel documents to the airline carrier in order to travel to Canada and to the border services officer in order to seek entry into Canada).
What are the Basic Requirements to Visit Canada on Tourist Visa?
- Have a valid passport and other travel documents.
- Be in good health.
- Have good moral character.
- Have the capacity to persuade the migration officer that you have your family, property, resources, and so forth that would fill in as impetus to return to your nation of origin.
- Have the capacity to persuade the migration officer that you will leave the nation before lapses your visa.
- Have adequate assets to help yourself in Canada and the sum relies upon to what extent you will remain in Canada and whether you will remain with family, companions or any paid convenience.